Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Bad Beginning

I've said it before and I'll say it again, writing the first post of a blog is always difficult and awkward. It's almost as bad as filling in those "description" or "about me" sections on various sites. When a blog has a central idea or goal, the awkwardness can be lessened, but that isn't the case here. Unlike my other music blog and the various ideas I have that have yet to see the light of day, there is no real central premise to this blog.

Basically the idea of this blog is for me to post monthly reviews of recent albums, but that is just the minimum. If a given month has a lot of interesting albums released or should a song or video strike my fancy, I will write about those as well.

Unfortunately, most of the upcoming releases this summer look fairly boring to me. With that in mind, I will be posting a couple of reviews I wrote for my college newspaper for records released by Snow Patrol and Jack White last year. After that, I will likely be reviewing the latest albums from Paramore and Fall Out Boy, but that might change over the next few weeks.

For any other quick updates about this blog or others, I am on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment